Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Repent!

Ugh, I'm so sorry it's been forever.  Last week was the kidney infection, and just as my insides were starting to feel good again, I came down with Nick's cold.  So I've been dealing with a sre throat, hurty eyes, headaches and sinuses that just won't stop.  All in the middle of summer!  Aren't I lucky.

Subsequently, not a whole lot has been going on.  I did throw out tons of produce yesterday--we bought it the weekend I got the kidney infection and I didn't feel like eating for almost an entire week--including two pints of cherry tomatoes, romaine lettuce, limes, a cucumber that was actually growing mold, potatoes that smushed in my hand...it's really sad and I feel awful when that happens, but I just didn't feel good.  Now we have no produce and I'm not going to Safeway until this weekend, dammit.

I haven't sewn in a few weeks either.  Either I haven't had the energy or I haven't had the motivation, but both are linked to the awful insides I've had lately.  I finally sat down and read a pattern last night (for the Oliver + S Playdate dress, if you must know), and I'm hoping to work on it this weekend, but, sigh, I'm just tired, you guys!  I've had a lot of work to do lately and very little sleep and I'm just not feeling it.

Anyway, so right now my mind is on the near future.  We're trying to decide what to do for Thanksgiving and Christmas, because Nick won't have the time to go home for both holidays.  I'm hoping someone will make it up here for one of the holidays and we can go home for the other, but people in Florida are just so unwilling to leave!  (Dad.)  (This is all guessing, but I'm also guessing I'm right.)  I'm also trying to narrow down Christmas presents, as I'd like to make something for everyone.  However, how will that play into the spending limit, if there is one, and will everyone think I'm lame?  Most likely.

As you can see, you haven't missed much.  One last note: if you have a ton of cherries you don't want to throw out (yay, I saved something!), make this.  I didn't use sour cherries, just bing, and I made it in an 8 x 8 pan so it's a bit fluffier and more like coffee cake.  Delicious!  Nicholas has banned me from taking any to work because he said he wants to eat it all.  So far, he isn't doing a bad job.

Have a great 4th!  Tell me exciting stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik