Friday, June 17, 2011

Purl Soho is the Plastics

The women at Purl Soho in New York make me feel like an unpopular teenager again, and I've never met them.

I read the Purl Bee and love love love everything they make, even if it's a little weird.  (I'm pretty sure my dad wouldn't wear monogrammed cufflinks, and I don't really want to make myself a garter, but I'm glad the options are there!)  And I always feel inadequate.  Remember how my last Purl project turned out?  Yeah.  What a mess.  And everything they do always looks so great!

For that reason, I feel like, if I were to meet them, I'd be totally in awe and they'd immediately cast me aside, like I'm back in middle school.  What?  You can't believe I was unpopular in middle school?  Well, let me tell you, red hair, the body of a twentysomething and five years' worth of braces do not equal happy teenage times.  Just trust me on that.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, last night, famed Purl blogger Molly posted her version of the Lisette Traveler dress.  A dress I've never even considered.  And now?

I want it.


Source
 In all its Liberty Lawn glory, it's gorgeous and I'd bet it feels amazing.  I'd also bet a mere mortal attempts this dress (see: me) and it somehow makes her look even dumpier than a potato sack.  Hmph.

Anyway, you can read the rest of the glorious dress here.  God, why can't I be as cool as she?

Happy Friday, yall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik