I made two more dresses, one from an Anna Maria Horner print and the other from a Denyse Schmidt print. The AMH version really had me worried--was the print too busy? Would I look like a crazy person? Would it scream "homemade"? In the end, I think it turned out well. It's really nice for summer.
The Denyse Schmidt version was actually the first one I cut out, but I had some issues along the way. First, it should have been done last week, but I melted a zipper (yeah, yikes) and G Street was closed all weekend due to the storm. I also had problems with the zipper, once I got one in (found a white one in my stash--it worked!). Apparently I measured the seam allowance wrong, because I put it on yesterday to make sure it fit and it was a royal effing mess. It was so tight I could feel my ribs through the fabric! It was a mess. So this morning I ripped it out, basted it back in at a different seam allowance, and finished it up. I'm more excited to wear this dress in the fall, with a cardigan, tights and boots. It's 102 degrees here today, so fall is on my mind.
Now I'm at a standstill with my sewing. I'd like to sew a pair of Iris shorts (a wearable muslin, hopefully), but I need interfacing. I also wanted to sew Simplicity 1801, but I need interfacing and a zipper for that as well. There are a bunch of random projects that need just one more thing--a hoop to frame an embroidery gift, a zipper to finish a bag, what have you. And I have no money, which makes buying these items difficult! Hopefully this weekend things will change and I'll be ultra-productive.
Also, we have some new puppies at the house:
Until we're out of this dumpy little apartment, these will be the only dogs allowed. Wah wah. Oh well, Eleanor is happy about that, I'm sure!