Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gift Frenzy

I've been on a gift spree lately!  Nothing too big, but I've stitched up a few small things in the past week:




My friend Kelby moved to Chicago last month and I thought she needed a little housewarming present.  I traced a "k" onto some Washi (I swear, I've gotten more out of those half-yards than anything else...) and just did a quick satin stitch.  As you can see, my framing work could be better, but it was the first time I've ever framed an embroidered piece.  Also, I'm not sure it needs two rows of stitches, but I guess that's the seamstress in me.



Speaking of Washi, my good friend Dawn recently got promoted (we worked together at Bath and Body Works while I was in college and she's been with me through thick and thin).  She's also taking her first mini-vacation in ages (to Savannah!  Lucky gal) and I thought she needed to celebrate!  I made her the large style A Perfect Zip Bag.  I also stitched a small initial on the inside.

I cannot tell you how much I love these bags.  Such good presents.


Finally, my friend Rhonda sent me a fun rainbow metal zipper, and to thank her, I stitched up a sign for her store. I ended up freehanding the type, which is pretty obvious, but it just wasn't working with the marker or a pencil.  I need to pick up a hoop to frame this and then it'll be on its way.

I finally sent out these gifts on Tuesday, so hopefully no one peeked and spoiled the surprise!

I've also decided to make my brother a t-shirt quilt for Christmas.  Has anyone tried this before?  I have a basic idea of what I need to do, but I've never sewn knits before and don't have a serger.  Help would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik