Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Warm Weekend!

Hello folks!  It's finally warm here.  We've gone through a week without temperatures getting below 65 as the high, so I think we're in the clear.  I hope so, anyway.  It's been absolutely gorgeous here, but apparently the pollen isn't going anywhere, because I'm dying.

Nick and I went to Secondhand Story books in Rockville yesterday.  I thought it would be like my beloved Chamblin's in Jacksonville, where everything is neatly organized and there are some fun things hidden along the way (jokes about Dali or Yankees, etc.), but, um, not so much.  First of all, it's pretty much a warehouse, which is fine, but I feel like that isn't the best storage option for books?  However, I'm not the professional, so what do I know?  And there are mostly antique books there, not as big of a current selection.  I got a few books, though, and some pictures, which I also edited on this newfangled Picasa/Picnik team.  Technology, friends.







That last picture is of my loot.  I'm not really reading much fiction anymore, and haven't since I graduated college a couple years ago, but I've been meaning to read Cross Creek for a while.

I also started and finished the Ice Cream dress for Savannah this weekend.  Previously, I had cut out the pattern wrong and given up, but Friday afternoon I cut out the last panel and started stitching it up.  There were a few setbacks along the way, mostly due to my ignorance, but it's done now!




Savannah is seven, but she wears somewhere between a 4 and 5, so I made a 5 and lengthened it 1.5 inches.  She and her brother are tall, skinny kids.  Hopefully it won't be too big, and hopefully she also won't think it's too cutesy.  That girl has sass running through her veins, so I always worry she won't think anything is cool enough for her.

It's also Mother's Day, and I am far, far away from my mother this year, so I hope she has a great day.  I've already spoken to her a few times but it isn't the same as being there.  I can't wait to see her and my dad next month.  I don't like being this far away.

Enjoy your Sundays, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik