Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Ebb and Flow

It's been a super crazy day.  One plus: I managed to miss the thunderstorm that stopped just long enough for me to commute.  That was amazing; thanks Mother Nature!  Many minuses: my breakfast was frozen (frozen Greek yogurt is not the same as TCBY, just so you know) and as a result I've been eating everything within a five-yard radius; there have been major mess-ups with our classes today; and I'll be here for almost ten hours today, tomorrow and Thursday.  Throw in two hours of commuting (one each way) and I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

However, I'm excited to think that my copy of Bossypants may be waiting for me outside the apartment right this very moment, though I'm sure I'm incorrect.  Also, tonight is Tuesday night, which means the Office is on for like seven hours.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are my favorite nights because of the never-ending comedy.  And after last night's binge on Intervention (both on the show and us watching like four episodes), I could use some comedy. 

I don't have a whole lot to report today.  I've been reading A Practical Wedding in between crazy back-and-forth emails to colleagues and clients and also planning for a surprise Southern trip this summer.  The rain, I think, is giving me a headache and to that I say, "Nap, please."  Alas, that won't happen, and I won't see my bed until 10 or later.  So much for those plans.

I remember when work was standing around Bath and Body Works, gossiping with my friends.  And I ached for this life.  What the hell was I thinking?  (Also, this reminds me of a conversation Nick and I had.  A few years ago when I wanted to originally move to DC, I thought working all the time and living in/close to the city and doing all that jazz was my dream.  I loved it.  I wanted to pay enormous rent forever, if it meant I could be someone.  Now, I do all that, and it kinda blows.  I mean, it's okay, but it's certainly no dream life.  It's amazing how your ideals and dreams change as you experience more and more.  Okay, everyone knows that, but I had to throw it in for good measure.)

Here's to Wednesday, for its arrival means today will be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik