Friday, March 18, 2011

Lazy Fridays

It's a pretty quiet Friday here at the office, with people recovering from last night by telecommuting.  I'm not a partier (I spent last night reading The Sewing Bible by Ruth Singer and watching NBC) so today is one of those great days where I can take my time and do what I'd like.

First off, I'd like to mention how much I love Paper Source.  We don't have these in my homeland of Florida, but I first visited one in Old Town Alexandria about three years ago.  For someone like me, who is inspired by materials and color and tidbits, this is heaven.  I went last week to pick up birthday cards and wanted everything I saw.  I had to tell myself it was a ridiculous idea to send my mother more than one card for her birthday next week just because I liked so many.  I'm sure she would've liked them, but then I tend to look like a crazy person.

I saw this personalized stationary in their e-mail newsletter last night.  I must have it.


Ugh, it's so lovely I just want to squeeze it.  However, when we moved, I had a box just labeled "stationary," so I don't think I need anything else.  I wish I had more time to send cards, or more people to send them to.  I should really cut down on my supply so I can order more.

I'm also contemplating working on the Amy Butler Anna Tunic this weekend.  I've heard mixed reviews about it.  Alewives Girl says it's fine for a beginner sewer (which I still am, despite my speed lately) but the tutorials I've read recommend someone with a bit more experience.  Thankfully my mother and aunt will be together this weekend, so one call will have twice the advice!  Lucky me--if only I was with them!


I've had this Erin Michaels fabric sitting around for years, except the background color is pink--this was a Google Image search find, and I couldn't find the pink one!  I think it'll make a good cami-length Anna.  I'm terrified of it though. 

Lastly, my brother and his girlfriend will be here in one week!  I'm very excited to see them and take them to the Cherry Blossom Festival for opening weekend.  They have lots of fun things planned, including an Elton John concert, and I just need to figure out what to make for their birthday dessert.

After this conference call I'm heading to the District Taco food truck for some tacos.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had the best night ever. NBC and sewing are some of my faves too. who needs a party when you've got liz lemon! ;)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik