Sunday, April 29, 2012

Two Skirts

Because I'm not deviating from my to-do list enough, and one post just won't cut it for a Sunday, I bring you two versions of Simplicity 2226!




Selvedge tag



I won't say too much, because there's a lot out there on this skirt--thanks mainly to the Noodlehead sew-along.  I cut a size 14 and really could've gone with the 16 so it sat lower, but this was fine.  It's a really easy skirt, as it should be--2226 is a learn-to-sew pattern.  

I did do a hem facing on the Alegria skirt, because I didn't want to compromise the length.  I used some navy grosgrain ribbon I've had for a year or so and it worked so well!  I even proclaimed to Nick, "If this works, your girlfriend is a genius."  He was thoroughly unimpressed.  The Flea Market Fancy skirt was totally inspired by these shorts that I saw on Flickr a while ago (and now can't find the picture, of course).  I had to have this Posie print and make a skirt.  And you know what?  I love it!  It'll be cute for fall too, with tights and a sweater.

I've been sewing on my own now for 14 or 15 months, and Nick said yesterday, "Wow, you're really making progress."  Thanks...?  Yeah, I would say so, honey.  Men just don't get it sometimes.

Anyway, I think tonight I'll cut out my new work bag (the Rebecca bag from Bags: The Modern Classics).  I bought a couple FMF prints for that as well.  I just can't get enough of that line.  Eventually everything I own will be something from DS Quilts and I'll be known as a crazy lady.  Please stop me before it gets to that point!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik