Monday, April 16, 2012

Project 10: Simplicity 2605

I know it looks like I've been slacking lately.  I've barely updated the blog and I surely haven't been sewing (I know that's what you're thinking).  What's happened to my momentum?  Has she lost it?

Well, yes.  And no.

I've been a cutting fool lately.  I decided to open an Etsy shop to sell things I make and to also use some of my stash/scraps.  The scrap box wouldn't shut and I didn't just want to toss anything out.  However, Etsy stores require work and work is something I already do in an office nine hours a day.  So, things are moving slowly.

However, I did order tags, and my business cards arrived Saturday!  Things are moving along, albeit slowly.  I had an awesome time designing the banner for my shop, and made about ten in the process.  I still think I chose the wrong major, but there's nothing I can do about it now!

So Etsy shop + being totally flat broke + still owning a broken sewing machine! (yes, I know) = no sewing.  I cut out and worked on four pencil skirts, the Oliver + S bubble dress, baby blankets/bibs/burp cloths for friends, and about 50 (maybe more) purses and accessories for the store.  But is anything done?  No.

This project barely made it.  I've had terrible allergies lately, and while I was working on this, I said, "And goodnight!" to no one in particular, walked to the bedroom, took off my pants and crawled into bed.  I slept for two hours--just enough to dent my day and take away my Benedryl hangover.  I don't nap anymore, so this was weird, but I needed it.

On with the show...


Pattern Description
Simplicity 2605, view F, a pencil skirt with front pleats, back darts, a wide waistband and a slit in the back.

Pattern Sizing
Big four, 6-22.  This is a 16.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the envelope when you were done with it?
Yes!  It's a skirt.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Oh, you mean I should follow instructions?  I don't think I even opened the booklet once the front waistband was attached.  They're easy.  You can do it.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It's a straight skirt with a waistband.  Perfect!

Fabric used
I've made four of these, but only photographed one.  The one above is made in Martha Negley's Flower Box collection.  I also used another Martha Negley print and two Dear Stella prints.  Maybe I'll eventually have time to take pictures of those.

Pattern changes or any design alterations made
I used an invisible zipper.  I also paid no attention to anything the book said.  So there could certainly be changes I don't even know about!

Would you sew it again?
Definitely!  A simple skirt like this showcases the pattern.  It's perfect for quilting cotton because the print is really on display.

Conclusion
It feels nice to have one fewer project sitting on my sewing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik