Sunday, April 22, 2012

Project 11: Oliver + S Bubble Dress

I'm just going to say it: this must be the cutest thing I've ever made.  I want to run out, grab the first two-year-old I see, and change her outfit.  Unfortunately, it will be folded and put in the storage ottoman with the rest of the baby clothes (the collection is growing alarmingly), but damn, this thing is adorable.


Pattern Description
Oliver + S Bubble dress, without scallops (view B), a fully-lined dress with back buttons and elastic hemline for a "bubble" effect

Pattern Sizing
Newborn to 10 (maybe?).  This is 18 - 24 months.

Did it look like the drawing on the envelope when you were done with it?
Yes!  The back of the envelope, anyway.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, very, and despite it being an Oliver + S pattern, there weren't any steps where I thought to myself, "Why am I doing this?"  It was very straightforward.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I loved how it all came together quickly.  I've had it cut out forever; I started sewing it last night around 10 and took maybe two hours to finish it up today.  Not too bad!

Fabric used
Sarah Jane Studio's Children at Play pinwheels.  I bought this from Whipstitch last summer as soon as the fabrics shipped and have held onto it since.  The lining is just cotton batiste from JoAnn's.



Pattern changes or any alterations made
I went with the non-scalloped view, and sewed five buttons instead of three (as you can see).  My buttons were so teeny three just wouldn't cut it.  Side note, they're salvaged from an old J. Crew sweater of mine.

Would you sew it again?
Maybe!  It'd make a great gift, but everyone I know is having boys!

Conclusion
I'm glad I finally made this!  It would make a great Fourth of July outfit for a little girl.

This is so stupid cute it kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik