Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fall Sewing, or, I'm Rushing the Season Yet Again

It's August, so basically that means all I think about fall.  Technically I've been thinking about fall since spring ended, except for a week where I was excited to wear shorts, but because we're so close now--so so close!--I'm just ready to start preparing.  Sweaters?  Check!  Pumpkin decorations?  Check!  Candles that smell like leaves?  Check and check!  I'm also starting to think about what I want to sew for fall.

Don't act surprised.  You knew we were getting there.  It's all I talk about!

Besides the quilts I have planned (oh yes, go to Squaring Up for more on that!), I have lots in store for clothes.  My closet is already bursting at the seams; it couldn't hurt to add in a few more things!

First off, has everyone seen the Alma blouse from Sewaholic?  It was released yesterday and mentioned in the newsletter earlier this week.  Here it is:


Beautiful, right?  The Peter Pan collar, the notched neckline, the darts!  Wonderful.  I'd love to make this in a Nani Iro polka dot, but at $20 a yard, that most likely won't happen.  But maybe I can find a different polka dot instead?



Ah yes, my old friend Rooibos.  I meant to make you last August...and then last February...and now here we are again!  I still have wool gabardine and lining in my stash.  Maybe I'll finally get around to it this year.


But we also have Beignet!  I have seen so many adorable versions of this skirt on Flickr lately, and every time I see it, I say, really, I'm going to make it now!  Have I yet?  Nope.  I bought some charcoal gray corduroy--but like a herringbone wale, if that makes sense.  Whatever, it was from Denver Fabrics--last fall and have enough to make this.  I'm a little worried about the high-waistedness.  Have you made it?  What did you think?


The only thing stopping me from making this right now (or this weekend, I guess) is that I don't have matching thread.  I have fabric, buttons, interfacing.  I'm hoping it will turn out okay; otherwise, I'll probably wish I had made another Jasmine!

I'm sure this list will grow as more patterns are released for fall.  Isn't that always how it is?  I also know I'd like to make a Sencha after seeing Trudy Campbell on a second-season Mad Men wearing a back-button blouse.  But I don't own that pattern yet--even though it's on my wishlist!  It will be mine soon enough.

What are you thinking about?  Any other fall diehards out there?  Let's glitter some pumpkins together!  (Done it before, I'll do it again)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik