Friday, December 28, 2012

New Beginnings

It's really funny to me how blogs are such a big deal in my life.  I read them every morning and night, I make friends through them, and I write for them.  It's this little space on the internet but it weighs pretty heavily on me, in both good ways and bad.

For the past month or so, I haven't felt connected to Lemony Fresh anymore.  It seemed too cutesy for me, and I didn't know that the title was something I wanted connected to my name anymore.  Emily Sposetta, author of Lemony Fresh...yeah.  I just don't associate that with my sewing, my crafting, or even my life.

I talked with Nick about this for, like, two hours.  I needed a new blog name.  I'm not good with names, though.  I was terrible with paper titles in college and I'm pretty bad at blog titles too.  Nick suggested names having to do with Charlotte, the Queen City.  I loved Queen City Craft, but there's a craft show in Vermont with the same name, and they already own the URL.  I also liked Queen City Stitch, but it sounded more like a command than a description.

Finally, I decided on Queen City Stitcher.  We live here now, and plan on living here until we retire, at the earliest.  We really love Charlotte, even though we've been residents for only a month (and not at all in the eyes of the DMV--that'll come in the new year, I guess), and I need to adopt my new city as I didn't my old city.

I'm hoping the new name and look help with some inspiration.  As I said in my last post, I'm ready to look at other aspects of my life than sewing.  We're new here, and it'll be fun to explore the city and document more than what I wore that was handmade.  2013 is going to be a really fresh, new year, in a new city and a new marital status.  My blog, as little as it may seem, needs to reflect that.

So long story short, I spend way too much time thinking about my blog.  But I hope you'll stick around while I figure this chapter out.  Thanks for being there so far!

5 comments:

  1. I am terrible with names too. It took me so long to choose mine and even now, I'm still not 100% sure about it.

    But I do love your new name ! Hopefully, 2013 will bring you everything your heart desire :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I really like your blog name too. It's so positive and friendly! But I can totally identify with not feeling 100% about it, and I always wonder what readers think? There are some blogs I love whose names I just don't get!

      Happy new year! I hope it brings everything you wish for too :)

      Delete
  2. Choosing a blog name is hard (although I didn't start my blog until I thought up the right name). Mine sounds a bit dorky when I tell people in person, but then I'm naturally shy and don't like talking about myself, so that may be more of the problem. Hope 2013 brings you lots of joy in your new city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way! If I could just name my blog "Emily" and not have that sound even more bizarre, I would. I think your blog name is cute!

      Thank you so much! Happy 2013!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the "Queen City Stitcher" title. Can't wait to see what you bring to the blog in 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik