Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Finally Finished: Chicopee Quilt

I pledged to myself that I'd finish all my miscellaneous quilt tops (three from 2012) before the summer ended.  As of last night, I made good on that promise!


This was the second quilt top I ever pieced, and the first not using pre-cuts.  I won six one-yard cuts of Chicopee last summer from FreeSpirit and used them, as well as a random blue print and FreeSpirit Designer Solids in Nugray.  I think I bought the whole bolt of Nugray and I'm still working through it. 


I quilted it in diagonal straight lines about 1.75" apart.  I used medium gray 50 wt Aurifil, which I found Eleanor chomping down like spaghetti this morning.  It was still attached to my machine.  I don't know.


The pattern is Pow Wow from Cluck Cluck Sew.  I'd like to make another scrappier version.  Just add that to my list!


I backed it with two prints from Madrona Road and bound it with another Chicopee print.  This quilt screams late summer/early fall to me.  I also was a bit annoyed at the wonkiness of the backing when I first realized it...but it's grown on me!


And Schnoz likes it, so there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik